Thursday, August 21, 2014

Resting Gull..


Seagull On Rock    16" x 20"    O/C

This painting is the result of spending time on the south shore of Amherst Island with my camera during a paint out session last week. The original scene was just far enough away that I did not notice
the Gull perched on the rock until I examined the result of the shot. My intention was to just get a good picture of the rock in the water. Well, surprise surprise !  The resting Gull made the picture.
I immediately thought to myself that this shot would make a good painting.

This is the original photo from where I took the shot..


 Below is the blowup and crop of the photo I used as the basis for the finished painting.

                                         

'til next..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Look at the water above the gull, it reads so well it is a great support for the action in the foreground. Nicely done Frank.

Frank A. said...

Thank you for your comment, Karen.
I think it was one of those paintings that came together quite
fast.
...It happens sometimes..! :)

Frank..