Wednesday, July 03, 2013

En Plein Aire in historic village.


A Church    10" x 12"   O/P 

I painted this morning in a designated historic village. There were  a few visitors that were happening by and felt the need to start up a conversation .
The weather started off with an overcast morning but by eleven o'clock the sun had burned off the haze and what remained was unbelievable humidity and a scorching sun. It would be fair to mention that I was seriously considering packing it in at the half way mark !
I think it was the reward of the air conditioned car that I promised myself if and when I finished this little painting. I think the reward of the AC. worked !

This painting was on a Masonite panel that had an orangey-pink acrylic wash applied to its gessoed surface. I used a limited palette for this painting and 'round' brushes.

'til next..

4 comments:

Deb Marett said...

Lovely light!! Thanks for sharing.

Frank A. said...

Deb Marett

Deb.. Thank you for your lovely compliment and for taking the time to post it. Both are appreciated !

"Thanks for sharing."

..You are welcome !

.. :)

Unknown said...

Dear Frank,

I love your style and your work and of course the lovely Canadian scenes!

I think I might have found one of your paintings here in Virginia - a gouache and watercolor cottage scene. May I send you a photo for you to look at?

Best regards,

Chris

Frank A. said...

Chris Melendez

Chris.. Thank you for your kind comments and compliments.


"I think I might have found one of your paintings here in Virginia - a gouache and watercolor cottage scene. May I send you a photo for you to look at?"

I am aware of the painting that you mentioned. I am sure that it is attributed to the wrong Frank A. Edwards. :) I did not paint this piece !
I have not been able to get in touch with the firm that has this piece in order to inform them of their error.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention . It has been awhile since I last saw it.
I appreciate your offer of sending a photo of it to me, but I do not feel it is necessary.

Thanks again, Chris

Frank.