Tuesday, April 02, 2013

End of the skating season.. (2)


The Last Skate 2    11" x 14"    O/P

Look familiar ?  After living with the previously posted painting for the last week, I decided to paint another, similar to it. In the back of my mind, I wanted to emphasize more strongly, the light in the middle ground and the figures in it. I feel that the in the composition, the figures better emphasize the perspective from foreground to background. My intention was also to exaggerate the colour overall and to pay more attention to the foreground details, all the while, keeping simplicity in mind.

I feel that this 'second' painting is a much stronger than the previously posted piece.

'til next...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely work. I think having a bigger figure in the foreground helps the composition, aside from the sunlight pattern.

Frank A. said...

Cagg..Thank you for taking the time to comment and for the compliment.
I'm pleased that you feel the larger figure helps the composition. ...Nice to have your agreement and support !

Enjoyed your blog...again. :)

..take care

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

This works...Colors are FAB!

René PleinAir said...

Wow this one is fabulous!!

So much live, joy and colour in it,
and yet so much Frank.

Frank A. said...

Sue Marrazzo..

Sue.. Thank you for your input. It is always nice when another artist agrees :)..

Frank A. said...

Rein PleinAir

Rene.. Thank you for your comment and compliment !
It is always a pleasure to hear from you. I hope all is well with you and yours

Happy Painting !

Frank