Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Blockhouse.


 Guarding the Rideau Canal    6" x 7"    oil / panel  

This is a small plein air 'sketch',  painted by using my small "Churchill' cigar pochade paint box.
I was using a number four hogs hair brush for this piece. Even with this size of brush, I found the small size of the panel to be a little on the restrictive size. The tendency for me was to "dib and dab" the application of the colour.
Even though I used my usual  limited palette with this piece, it is not hard to imagine the mess of colours and their mixtures on the small palette. 

http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/lhn-nhs/on/rideau/natcul/natcul2/natcul2a.aspx

Further information may be found on the Rideau Canal by clicking on the above u r l


'til next...

1 comment:

multimedia solutions said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.