Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Today, I am back !

It has been a disappointing last week and a half as I was unable to post anything on my blog or view
the work of others .
It was frustrating to put time and money into a computer that was unwilling to cooperate .

I bought a new one. ... Problem solved !



Early Autumn Pasture- Almonte   ..11" x 14"  ..o/p

Almonte is a rural community about one hour and a half hours north of my home town. I was enthralled with the area as soon as I saw it. It was rich in the last of the summer greens
and the golds of the coming autumn. It is also the area in which I first saw the "Sugar Shack", of the previous painting.

I have kept the same palette for this painting as in the previous painting and I think that the difference in the paint mixtures can be readily be seen.
I did add a value three warm gray to my palette in this case. Its use seemed a little strange.

It is nice to be back !

'til next..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Frank,
nice painting, i like the brushstrokes. Congrats on your new computer.

Frank A. said...

Mariano.. Thanks ! :) Yes, the 'strokes' were getting a little on the heavy side...

"Congrats on your new computer."

Thanks, I hope it lasts...