Wednesday, September 14, 2011


From Storring's Bridge   ..11" x 12"   ..o/p

It has been years since my last visit to "the bridge" and the view remains much as I remember it from that time. Artists often joked amongst themselves by referring to Storring's Bridge as "Theme number two". Probably because if one was having a problem finding a painting location, one could always depend on a successful scene at ,"theme number two". It was a popular spot for painters and as a 'swimming hole'  for local youngsters during the summer months and  it remains so, I am told.

It was not unusual to arrive there to paint only to find other artists set up and painting, in my spot ! It was even rumoured that artists from northern New York State had painted there from time to time. 

My palette for this painting was, ultramarine blue,cerulean blue, cad red light, alizarin, cad lemon, cad yellow med., and titanium white. Veridian and yellow green were also added to my palette.
The Masonite panel was gessoed with two rough coats and not pre-stained.

Again, with the coming of autumn, I am sure the magnet of,  "Theme number two" will draw many to paint its' many views.

'til next..




No comments: