Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Autumn Pasture ..10" x 12" ..O/P


Many of you may recognize this painting from a former post. That post was a 6" x 8" sketch done as I had mentioned with a 'larger brush' and a short period of painting time. In the back of my mind, I thought that I would re due the sketch into a painting when I had time.
Well, today was that time !
I tried to keep to the original sketch by using the same brush, and keeping in mind the time as the painting evolved. Of course, the larger size and additions to the composition extended the time a little.
I wanted the finished piece to still have the look of immediacy, and other 'signs' of a loose impressionistic painting.



Detail from the painting..

Other signs to my mind would be , lost and found lines, paint texture, brush work (scumbling, short and long strokes, brush textures in the paint, thick and thin application of paint in areas, the painted impression of objects, light to mention a few) I think that the finished piece was successful and showed these signs. But that is J.M.H.O. (Just My Humble Opinion)

...'til next..

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Frank,
CJMHO - or Concur just Your Humble Opinion. Specially love the thick over thin and the brushstrokes!

Frank A. said...

Mariano.. I just wrote an apology note to you for an other painting you remarked on...Good to hear from you.

"Specially love the thick over thin and the brushstrokes!"

I really think that they add to the "loose look" of the painting.

Thanks for commenting !

I suppose that you are painting in the heat ?

Happy painting..

Toyin O. said...

Thanks for the tips, lovely potrait.

Frank A. said...

Toyin O.

My pleasure, and thanks for the compliment.

Janice said...

Great paintings! thanks for bringing me back to canada!

Frank A. said...

Janice..Thanks for the compliment and for taking the time to post it.

I am happy that my painting could " bring you back to Canada" :)
Really enjoyed your blog !

Peace !