As much as I like painting the fresh fallen snow and the blue cast shadows, this is a welcome change.
For this particular painting , I have used two limited palettes.
The first being one of my more taditional palettes, Ultra Marine Blue, Alizarin, Cadmium Yellow, Lemon Yellow. The second palette was Yellow Ochre, Burnt Sienna, Ultra Marine Blue and Titanium White were common to both limited palettes . As an extra, I added some Cerulean Blue.
It is a real challenge to switch one's mind from painting winter scenes to spring scenes.
I got behind in my painting and posting the last couple of weeks and I apologize to those who I owe a response. This 'getting behind' was not helped by my computer being in the shop with a virus for three days.
But anyway, we are now back on track !
Okay, after living with this painting for a week or so, I decided to rework some areas that I was not pleased with in the original. I have left the original painting so that you may comapare the alterations. I hope that you agree that they improve the final piece.
I will be doing this, or attempting to do this to other previously painted pieces that I feel would be improved with further work.
I hope that you will agree with the final reworked painting.