Tuesday, May 19, 2009

...And Apple Blossom White 9" x 12" o/p

This piece was painted on a panel that was prepared with three coats of gesso followed by two coats of 'red-yellow'(alizarin and cad. yellow med.) medium wash (odourless mineral spirits) .

My latest limited palette was the palette of choice for this spring painting. This palette was listed in the previous post.

The 'black flies' were out in full force, making plein air painting near impossible. A couple of weeks with heat should burn them off...hopefully.

'til next...




10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Frank,
This oil works so well...,spring is there,nobody more happy than you.Sorry about the black flies, but it was well worth. Not only the tree but the back ground as well is an ode to spring and life. A masterfull piece.

J.R. Baldini said...

Hi
I'm in Niagara Falls, what part are you in ?
We haven't seen the black flies but, swarms of white flies in the grasses.
Nice spring plein air painting

Unknown said...

Wow, the beautiful tree filled with blossoms just pops!

Unknown said...

Hi Frank,
I just presented you with a blog award :) on my blog

Frank A. said...

Mariano, Thank you for your generous compliment.
The black flies should be over in a week or so...hopefully ! : )

Take care..

Frank A. said...

J.R.Baldini..I am in Eastern Ontario, the Kingston area.

"We haven't seen the black flies but, swarms of white flies in the grasses.
Nice spring plein air painting"

Your weather and white flys sound good...I will trade you for awhile. :)

Thanks for takng the time to reply to my post.

All the best...

Frank A. said...

Sheila, Thank you very much for your comment and compliment. I hope that you entered the Tibetan family painting that you painted. Good luck !

Take care...

Frank A. said...

Mariano...Thank you very much for posting the award on your Blog. It is always a pleasure to be recognized by ones peers.

I thank you for this honor.

Do take care..

Gwen Bell said...

Hi Frank,
I love your trees! Really great work!
I just gave you an award too. Guess great minds think alike!

Becky Joy said...

Very nice piece. I like the texture.