Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Family Homestead In Winter 8" x 10" O/C
This is a comfortable size to paint on when painting plein air. Comfortable as in its portability and setup. It is not a overly large area to fill in the cold of winter or in the hot of summer. I do not remember any of these sizes being blown over by the outdoors wind during the painting process in the winter. And, it is a comfortable size to transport when the painting is finished. My other personal choices would be 10"x 12" or 11" x 14".
The palette for this painting was Ultramarine Blue, Yellow Ochre, Burnt Sienna, Alizarin, Cadmium Yellow M. and Titanium White. My medium was a odourless solvent.
'til next.

2 comments:

Papierflieger said...

Hi Frank,
thanks for your mail detective Edwards :). Took that opportunity to check through your impressive body of works once again. I was on the search for "hung out to dry", which is one of my favorite paintings of yours and found this one uncommented. Incredible lively brushstrokes and the winter light on snow and reflected on the house on the left....I believe you call that "darn good" over there.

Frank A. said...

Martin- Thank you for 'digging out this old painting and commenting on it.

...."I believe you call that "darn good" over there."

Appreciated, coming from a'peer'.

Take care.. :~)