Thursday, October 30, 2008

'A Fallow Autumn Field' 10"x 12" o/p
Well, let's try this again. My first effort disappeared when I accidentally brushed a finger on the wrong key. Needless to say, this will be a shorter version. ... I can hear the 'yeas' from here. :- )

I started this painting, using the same palette (colours) that I used in the previous painting. The method was similar, in that I started by using the darkest colours or a combination of the darkest and drew in with a brush, the largest areas of the composition. I continued breaking down the large areas with a drawing/painting method, laying in the shadows and introducing local colour to others areas .
Once I was comfortable with this stage of the painting, I began to concentrate on the finishing details. In doing this, I began to introduce brighter colours from my former limited palette. Namely, Alizarin, Cadmium Yellow and Cerulean Blue with the beginning palette, seemed to give the painting a 'punch' that I was looking for. I finished up by using a rigger brush, suggesting trunks, branches, grasses and such where needed.

I think that I can live with this one.
'til next..

No comments: