Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"Row Cottage And Country Garden" 9" x 12" oil/ prepared. panel

This is a subject that I have revisited over the years. It is one of many historical buildings in a designated historical village that sits at the mouth of the Rideau River and the St. Lawrence River. The name of that village is Barriefield and it has ties to the famous Fort Henry at Kingston (Canada)

This piece was painted under threatening skies that did eventually break into rain. Just one of the "joys" of painting from life.
I used my familiar limited palette without the addition of any favourite colours ( which is not usually the case) My method of 'layout' and painting was the same as the last few paintings described in this blog.

Lots of painters around today !

'til next


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Frank,
I've been admiring your plein air paintings on your blog. This one of a stone cottage in Barriefield, is a charm. I like the energy in your style. I recognize some of the places as I am also from Kingston.

Frank A. said...

sally..Thank you for commenting and for the fine compliment.
I enjoyed looking at your web-site. It was fun and I also recognized many of the places that you have painted. I was especially taken with the fine watercolours and your watercolour technique.

Take care.