Saturday, November 04, 2006

Now that autumn is almost over in my part of the world, it feels strange, sneaking (read driving ) around the countryside in search of "something with colour" to paint. When "something" is found, it is as though I were a deer, caught in the headlights of the scene. I suddenly stop, survey the "something" through my vuefinder fingers and try to justify why I should not paint it...

This was one of those late fall days... "Probably something better down the road a piece".

No one is watching, right ? ...Anyway, this is that scene.


"Autumn Sumac and Poplar" 8x10" oil on panel

And, down the road a piece...


"A Country Home On Latimer Road" 8"x10" O/Panel


You may have noticed that I have changed the title of my blog. I feel that the current change better reflects the nature of my work as it has developed and I hope that you will forgive me for any inconvenience that this change may have caused you.






4 comments:

Wyn Easton said...

Hi Frank - I can relate to your comments. I'm always trying to see the painting in the scene and thinking there is something better around the corner. Guess what, it's right in front of us if we see as the artist inside us. You do it so well.

Frank A. said...

Hi Wyn..Nice to hear from you. Thank you very much for the compliment. .Appreciate it.

Quote "Guess what, it's right in front of us if we see as the artist inside us." Unquote
...Well put and isn't it the truth?
Much to ponder...

Take care, Frank.

Making A Mark said...

Frank - I know the feeling well pf looking for something with colour - and have been known to screech to a stop! I find if it has caught my eye while passing then it simply MUST have some sort of potential - I just have to find it.

I like your new title - very nice.

Michael Pieczonka said...

Frank.. two beatiful pieces.. and I like the new title change. Love the sense of open space in the top piece with the fall trees